Thursday, December 13, 2012

More on the Empty Shell

that is the "worldwide Traditional Anglican Communion". I had an e-mail exchange with a retired TAC/ACA priest who went to India. I've been curious about the size of the Anglican Church of India, the TAC India franchise under the current "acting Primate", Samuel Prakash. The priest replied,
[E]very "number" I have ever seen published by the TAC or any member church has been greatly inflated or totally falsified from the beginning ... I have actually never seen any "church" here whatsoever - it's like a ghost.

The reason I decided to transfer my canonical residency to the TAC Church of India was because I fully expected to find an organized, thriving church here under Archbishop Samuel Prakash. A [thriving] group of TEC'ers poised and ready to enter the Ordinariate. +Hepworth was going to make a trip here (to Delhi, where +Prakash is located) in November of 2010. I was invited to go. I was told so by none-other-than +Hepworth during several Skype conversations. That meeting never took place.

When I arrived .... I found out from +Prakash that I would be living in the "Diocese of Nandyal" - - unfortunately, there is only one "parish" here... and "here" is the village of Nandyal - around 300 km. due-south of Hyderabad - and the Bishop is the Rector..."parish" is his family, meeting in his [house]...and no English is spoken - only Telugu.

Curious as to the state of affairs there, I went to the Anglican Church of India's website and found the following:
The following members were removed from the Anglican Church of India (CIPBC) in accordance to the Constitution, Canons, and Rules of the Anglican Church. John Augustine, Gabriel Buxla, Johnson T. John, and Suraj Mashih for their self interest. Such persons spread rumour against the highest office of the Metropolitan. Some say that Archbishop Samuel P. Prakash is no more, or he is serious in bed and all of them claim to replace the Most Rev Samuel P. Prakash,Metropolitan (sic). They misguide the Government offices and general public. We mustbe (sic) careful from these persons who are claiming to be Anglican leaders only to sell the dedicated and consecrated Anglican church properties in their own interest. They are defeated in Court cases up to the High Court and Supreme of India.
Seems like things are going about the same in India as in Hollywood, huh? We mustbe careful from these persons who are claiming to be Anglican leaders indeed.