Thursday, November 5, 2020

Here's The Best Analysis I've Found

Yesterday I complained that I couldn't find intelligent analysis of the current situation. However, later in the day, a commentator I've been following since 2016 on YouTube called the Hard Bastard didn't disappoint.
I don't believe the Hard Bastard's name has been disclosed. As far as I can determine from various remarks he's made, he is a non-college educated guy of Italian ancestry who lives in the Philadelphia area. (His Philadelphia accent is far better than mine, which was refined away in the Ivy League.) He is instinctively a secularist libertarian, resultimg from a past reaction to Jehovah's Witnesses. Nevertheless, his primary allegiance is to Reason, and I think he'll grow over time. I shoud warn sensitive readers that he sometimes uses very graphic language.

I note that two prominent members of Trump's current legal team, Jenna Ellis and Harmeet Dhillon, have been active in free-exercise church cases up to now. (I would guess these cases will be off the front burner for some time.) However, the election issues are actually closely related to the free-exercise issues, which also involve civil officials exceeding legislative authority.

Based on statements by Trump's legal team, which also includes Pam Bondi, Jay Sekulow, and Rudy Giuliani, they are in the process of developing a legal strategy to pull the election out for Trump. I would say that the Hard Bastard's understanding of the strategy, insofar as we can know it, is correct.

I'll be posting primarily on the election and related issues for the foreseeable future and may have more to say later today.