Sunday, November 29, 2015

The Squatters Have Updated Their Calendar

for the first time since September. If you look carefully, you can see that the Christmas Midnight Mass is scheduled for August 16.

It's definitely the C team that's running things there. I'm still wondering how long they can keep the lights on.

Regarding the November 17 lockout of community groups reported in the Los Feliz Ledger, I've heard two theories. One is that the creditor for the $575,000 financing may have foreclosed on the bank building, and thus changed the locks. My wife, on the other hand, has me convinced that the squatters, perhaps reading my November 16 post, suddenly realized that the community groups with access to the building would turn on the lights and air conditioning when they came in for meetings, something that now looms as a potentially big expense. So they called a locksmith and locked them out.

What puzzles me, though, is that Mrs Bush has been a member of all these community groups herself for many years. She must have all her colleagues' phone numbers and e-mails handy, yet she apparently didn't give any of them a heads-up. It's hard not to imagine that a few strategic calls might have eased any surprises, but they weren't made. I suspect Mrs Bush is unwilling to acknowledge that things are collapsing around her and the dozen or so other squatters.