Saturday, November 21, 2015

So Where's The Rest Of The Money? -- III

It took me longer to figure this out than it took my wife. OK: the Bush group takes out a $575,000 mortgage on the parish property.We don't know where that money went, it's true -- but we do know that the Bush group now has a monthly mortgage payment, presumably well into four figures.

Given that earlier this year, Mrs Bush elected to rent the now-vacant bank building on the property to BevMo! rather than Walgreen's because Walgreen's wanted free rent while they modified the building, we must assume that the $575,000 mortgage proceeds are spent, and the squatters needed the rental income to keep coming in without interruption.

But now as far as we know, with no tenant in the bank building since October, the Bush group isn't even getting in enough to pay utilities. My wife thinks they're already missing mortgage payments. Except that the Bush squatters didn't have the property to mortgage.

I still haven't thought through all the implications. Mrs Bush's family, I say again, needs to hire an attorney and get Mrs Bush out of this situation. I'm sorry to say that I'm seeing more and more suggestions that an argument based on mental incapacity would be credible.