Tuesday, September 26, 2017

More On Fr Kenyon; Bp Lopes To Visit Calgary October 1

In response to my e-mail to the Our Lady and the Apostles Stockport, UK, I received the following:
Fr Lee Kenyon did indeed come to Our Lady's in early August of this year. He stayed for approximately 3.5 weeks. The reasons for his sudden departure are complex, suffice to say that Our Lady's was not suitable for his spiritual needs. I attach a letter that was circulated to the parishioners of Our Lady's following his departure. As far as I am aware, Fr Lee Kenyon is now residing in the Manchester area. He now has no involvement with Our Lady's Stockport
The text of the letter from Fr Kenyon to the parish reads thus:
Dear Parishioners of Our Lady's

As some of you already know, on Friday 1st September Father Francis Nnadi assumed the pastoral and sacramental care of Our Lady and the Apostles.

Whilst it has been my very real privilege to have served and ministered in this parish, albeit for only the month of August, I am sorry to say that, for family reasons, this appointment has not worked out as we had either hoped or anticipated. I am, nonetheless, grateful for the kindnesses shown to myself and my family, and we wish to assure you that we will continue to hold the people and parish of Our Lady's in prayer as we seek to do God's will, for the work and mission of both the Ordinariate and the Diocese of Shrewsbury, in pastures new.

Please extend to Father Francis a very warm welcome back to Our Lady's.

In Christ and Our Lady,

The Reverend Lee Kenyon

I hardly know what to say, except this must be an enormous black eye to Bp Lopes and the OCSP, putting the Bishop of Shrewsbury to what seems to have been a great deal of trouble to rearrange clergy accommodations to suit Fr Kenyon and his family, only to have the thing turn into an epic fail in less than a month. Well, it didn't meet Fr Kenyon's spiritual needs. I assume word of this has quickly gotten around chanceries in the UK, and probably in the US as well.

My regular correspondent informs me that Bp Lopes is to visit St John the Evangelist Calgary next Sunday, October 1. I assume they'll have a lot to talk about.