Friday, May 6, 2016

Welcome, Fr Perkins, New Vicar General

An announcement on the St Mary the Virgin web site:
Dear Children of St. Mary,

With very mixed emotions, I announced at each Mass this Sunday [May 1] that I have received a new appointment. Effective May 1, 2016, I have been named Vicar General of our Ordinariate. Though I will continue to serve St. Mary the Virgin parish for the next few months, this responsibility will require relocation to Houston. We will be doing everything possible to make a smooth transition with the arrival of your new pastor, who will be named this summer.

We have accomplished wonderful things during our service together the past three years. I am confident in your faithfulness and loving support for your leadership in the days ahead. Change can be very difficult, but under the Lord’s guidance and in the strength of the Holy Spirit, it always brings exciting new opportunities. You are very dear to me, and I count the man who will succeed me as truly blessed.

In the meantime, please pray for me as I take on this challenging new position. Pray for all of us in the time of transition; and begin now to pray for your next pastor. “Great are the works of the Lord,” and I know that God will yet accomplish great things in and through the Catholic Church of St. Mary the Virgin.

Ever yours in Christ through Mary,
Fr. Timothy Perkins

It appears that Fr Hough III's retirement is immediate, although as of today, he's still listed as Vicar General on the OCSP staff page. Thanks to a visitor for the heads-up.