Wednesday, December 2, 2015

CBS Studios Filming On St Mary's Premises December 2, 2015

Apparently with the authorization of the squatter group, a film crew from CBS Studios was working on the St Mary's premises on December 2, 2015. When my wife told me she'd noticed this while running errands, I went down with my camera. The photos show the extent of the activity -- the whole premises were in use. The security guards were VERY unhappy, but I asked them to explain why I wasn’t permitted to park in a lawful space and take photos, and they finally backed down.

The act of taking pictures mostly causes people to become reasonable fairly quickly. At first this gentleman refused to identify himself. He was pointed out to me as the location manager and finally said he was Tom Hogan from CBS Studios.

The undercroft was in use, according to several people on the premises, as a classroom for children featured in the production:

Here are people leaving the undercroft:

Although several people tried to say they were just filming on the sidewalk, the entire premises were clearly in use:

I've referred this matter to the vestry.

UPDATE: I'm told that a shoot of this size would net the squatters at most about $1000. That won't be enough to pay their bills.