Thursday, May 2, 2013

There's A Resume Posted For An Anglican Priest Who's On The Job Market

here. As it happens, some guy with the same name and background had an e-mail exchange with me over the past weekend. He appears to have been closely associated with the late lamented Anthony Morello via the Philippine Independent Church and various positions at St Luke's Episcopal Mission, Fontana, CA (from which Morello was eventually removed by Bishop Borsch).

He lists both a BA in Pastoral Studies and an MDiv from St Dunstan's School of Theology, Merrilville, Indiana USA (he spells "Merrilville" differently in two places). I can find no web listing for a St Dunstan's School of Theology; I can find only one other reference online, an ACC bishop who also claims a degree from that institution. I assume it is not accredited, if it exists at all. If anyone has any info about it, I'd appreciate hearing it.

I simply don't know if the Very Rev Fr Barlow has formally applied to be rector or interim at St Mary of the Angels, though from internal evidence in the e-mails he sent me, it appears that he's heard specific details of issues and personnel there that came from a source other than me. His job history suggests he's often on the market, listing somewhat shaky qualifications.

In any case, he appears to be an example of the applicant pool for St Mary's. The job of Mrs Bush and Brian Marsh will be to identify someone desperate enough to ask no questions and do precisely as he's told.