Monday, November 27, 2017

Homily From New Priest At Stockport

A parishioner at Our Lady and the Apostles e-mailed me with the suggestion that I view the homily in the parish's recorded mass for November 26. You can find it by going to the Live page at the parish website. Then click on Recordings below on the page. Then click on Sunday Mass 10:00 26-11-2017. The homily begins at about 23:00. This appears to be an international mass, in which some of the readings are in other languages, so this may be confusing, but the mass is mostly in English.

I haven't been able to discover the name of the new priest, as the web site isn't yet updated to reflect it. The visitor who e-mailed me recommends it as explaining "the difficulties encountered within the last few months", and it's worth noting that the new priest compares them to the burning of the predecessor parish building during anti-Catholic riots and going through two world wars. I will keep the parish in my prayers.