Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Abp Hepworth To Visit St Mary's Epiphany Sunday 2017

I'm told that Abp John Hepworth, who is the parish's Ordinary, will visit St Mary's on Epiphany Sunday, January 8, 2017. Fr Kelley says the archbishop would like to spend some amount of time meeting with individuals, and if anyone is interested, they should call the parish to set up a time. However, the exact schedule for his visit is still up in the air, including the mass time. I'll post more information here as it becomes available.

I certainly intend to come to the mass Hepworth celebrates (taking care of my own obligation at my diocesan parish), and as I've told Fr Kelley, I would like to take a photo of him with his crook and mitre in front of the parish, which I will publish here if I get it.

This will be the first episcopal visit to the parish from a valid bishop since 2011, when David Moyer was here.