Tuesday, September 27, 2016

"Appearance Of Arbitrariness"

My regular correspondent writes,
You have, I know, heard from or about men who were not successful in their attempt to be ordained for the OSCP. I know that the delict of schism was generally fatal; five candidates in Canada were rejected on that basis, and the man in Raymond, ME about whom Ms Hayhurst comments all over the blogosphere, and the man from Australia whose disappointment is also widely expressed. A number of ACCC clergy without M.Divs and without groups were turned down, which strikes me as understandable. But the fragmented Anglican scene in the US, Canada, and Australia has led to an appearance of arbitrariness in regard to ordinations which has been avoided in the UK.
The poster boy for arbitrariness, I would submit, is Fr Baaten, whose closest brush with Anglicanism was a few months at the "snake belly low" St James Newport Beach.