Friday, November 9, 2012

Welcome To Visitors From Fr Smuts!

I've noticed that I'm getting some traffic from Fr Smuts's blog in South Africa, and I've been told he's got a post up about my blog, which is what's driving the traffic (such as it is). I haven't had the time to check what he's had to say. What began to cause me serious concern about Fr Smuts is in fact his situation as a priest in the Traditional Anglican Communion and what I've been learning in my research about his fellow priests and bishops. If I were part of such a small organization (and I'll be getting into its actual size in subsequent posts), and I'd begun to learn how troubling the records are of prominent people in that denomination, I'd be doing some intense soul-searching. Not only that, but the information I've developed so far has come from basic web searches of public records. I've got to think that if he knows some of the TAC players at closer range, he should have become troubled well before now. Fr Smuts is part of the tiny breakaway denomination that's brought us Anthony Morello, Stephen Strawn, John Hepworth, and Peter Slipper. What sort of questions does this raise about Fr Smuts, his own judgment, or his choice in associates?